More than 60% of the population are prone to varicose veins in the legs. And while people over 40 are most susceptible to this problem, it often affects young people.
In order to successfully overcome varicose veins, you need to understand the reasons for their occurrence. Ideally, treatment for varicose veins should be comprehensive. Various folk remedies can be very effective.
There are actually many causes of varicose veins, and not all of them are as obvious as they may seem:
- Hereditary factor. This is the main reason for a third of patients. If any of the parents or grandmothers have varicose veins, the probability of their occurrence is 70%. Therefore, young people who lead active lifestyles, and even children, can suffer from varicose veins.
- Changes in the hormonal balance in the body. Anything that affects hormone levels can lead to varicose veins. These are pregnancy and childbirth, menstruation and menopause. With that in mind, women are more prone to the problem.
- Inflammatory processes in the genitals and pelvic organs. They are a means of attacking the upper veins and causing hormonal imbalances.
- nerve disorders. The elasticity of the vein walls is regulated by nerve endings. When the nature of their activity changes, which is the case with stress and depression, the tone of the veins is lost and the lumens of the vessels expand.
- Household and professional physical activity. With excessive load, the pressure in the vessels of the legs increases, which leads to expansion. People with standing work and vigorous physical activity are most susceptible to the disease.
- Sedentary lifestyle. If you sit for a long time, the blood circulation is disturbed and the vascular tone is lost.
- Weak immunity is also associated with the manifestation of varicose veins.
- gender. Women are more likely to suffer from varicose veins because of their genetic makeup.
- Regular constipation, coughing and sneezing increase the pressure in the veins, which disrupts the function of the venous valves.
- Flat feet.
- Wearing uncomfortable, tight shoes and high heels (another reason why women are more likely to suffer from varicose veins).
- body structure. According to statistics, tall people suffer from varicose veins more often than low ones.
The first signs of varicose veins include:
- the so-called "network" of vessels, which has a red-blue hue, appears on the skin;
- The legs feel pain, heaviness and burning, itching;
- Numbness of the extremities manifests itself, cramps can occur at night or in the morning.
Further symptoms are:
- the skin in the lower leg area begins to darken and thicken, peel off, spots may appear on it;
- There is regular pain in the leg muscles that worsens when walking.
- Sensations of pain also occur when you feel the venous areas with your fingers.
Swelling of the legs is a serious warning about the development of varicose veins and the fact that the deep veins are not performing their functions. At this stage, complications are dangerous. These include trophic ulcers, thrombophlebitis, and bleeding that can be caused by a minimal blow.
Treatment of varicose veins should always begin with eliminating the causes that impede normal circulation. If a person works seated, the diseased legs must be in a horizontal position.
It is recommended that you walk a little every hour and a half or climb your toes several times. The muscle contractions that occur increase blood flow in the veins. Similar exercises are recommended for those whose work involves a standing position, but then breaks should be made even more often.
The best rest for your feet after work is to walk calmly and slowly. It is recommended to use an elastic bandage for prevention. It is recommended to do this in the morning without getting out of bed. The leg should be slightly raised and the foot should be at right angles to the lower leg. It is worth joining from the base of the toes on the foot to the knee or lower third of the thigh. The heel stays open.
The bandage should be applied to the bandages with an even pull. Each of his rounds should cover half of the previous one. Instead of bandages, elastic stockings can also be used. Timely identification of the disease and starting to fight it will allow you to cope with varicose veins without surgery.
Traditional remedies can be very helpful for varicose veins. Proven over the years, they can fix the problem quickly and effectively. We offer you several effective recipes.
Recipes for internal use
Such recipes are represented by a number of decoctions, alcoholic and aqueous tinctures. The easiest way to prepare the broth is in a thermos, which has the properties of a water bath. Strain before use.
- Put a few tablespoons of dry nettle leaves in a 0. 5 liter thermos. You have to insist for forty minutes. Drink a third of a glass an hour after eating.
- Apple infusion. You will need two or three medium-sized apples, which must be poured with a liter of boiling water and insulated for four hours. After the apples in the morning on an empty stomach and before going to bed, knead half a glass with the addition of honey and drink.
- You can buy an alcoholic celandine tincture at the pharmacy and take about ten drops, along with a tablespoon of milk, three times a day before meals.
- soda solution. You need to prepare it before direct use. You will need a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water. It is better to drink in the morning and before bed.
- Garlic and honey against varicose veins. For this recipe, chop about 250 grams of garlic, mix with 350 grams of honey and let it steep for at least ten days. Consume one tablespoon 30 minutes before meals.
- A good method is to brew a combination of oak bark, willow twigs, and chestnuts. It must be boiled for half an hour, then add the sequence, chamomile and St. John's wort and insist for 12 hours. It is recommended to drink with honey. In the first two days - 150 ml, then - 150 ml.
It is recommended that herbal remedies for oral administration be combined with baths and topical therapy. The duration of treatment is two months.
Topical local treatment
The external topical application of folk remedies affects only the inflamed area. Such procedures are compresses and lotions, as well as ointments and solutions.
- Apple cider vinegar increases the vascular tone. You need to rub it on the painful areas twice a day.
- Potato juice is used to treat ulcers. It is necessary to put grated gruel on the ulcer and bandage it, and after five hours, change the bandage.
- Compresses with cabbage leaves are good for relieving pain and inflammation. It is worth tying them up at night.
- You can brew a tablespoon of hop cones with a glass of boiling water, then apply some lotions.
- Wormwood leaves and flowers are also used, which are pounded into a pulp, diluted with kefir and applied to the affected areas.
- Folk treatment of varicose veins uses tomatoes that are already ripe enough. The affected nodes are covered with lobules and covered with a bandage. After a few hours, the compress must be replaced.
What should not be used for varicose veins?
It should be borne in mind that not all folk remedies for varicose veins are so harmless. Concentrated plant extracts have strong side effects even when taken orally.
Anyone who suffers from stomach and pancreatic diseases should be careful with such recipes. If you use herbs within the limits of more than allowed, chronic digestive disorders can be exacerbated.
If you are allergic to any ingredient in a recipe, never use it. You also need to watch out for such manifestations as itching and rashes. If you notice them, stop using the product.
Despite the fact that many recognize the effectiveness of massage for varicose veins, it is better not to use cupping and honey massages.
A strong impact on the already overloaded ships can cause further damage. It is recommended to use a gentle massage that gently massages the lower extremities.
Further prevention of the disease
It is much easier to prevent a disease in advance than to treat it later. And having partially overcome the problem, it is better to adhere to preventive measures so that you do not get bothered again.
Measures to prevent varicose veins should be as follows:
- Do not wear tight shoes or try to overuse high heels. Uncomfortable shoes increase pressure in the vessels of the legs, and as a result, varicose veins and blood clots develop.
- Regular exercise plays a role in disease prevention. Make time to hike every day. Dancing and swimming are helpful.
- Try walking barefoot on rough surfaces like pebbles or dry grass. This will help to effectively tighten the veins as well as relax and rest your legs.
- It is recommended to control your weight, as extra pounds increase the load on vessels and pressure on the walls, which makes varicose veins worse.
- Try to be careful about what you eat. It is better for those suffering from varicose veins not to abuse spicy and salty foods, alcoholic beverages. All of this contributes to the appearance of blood clots and the development of varicose veins.
Using folk recipes for treating varicose veins is a great way to stop their development and carry out further preventions, while reducing the risk of complications.
The tools are simple and affordable, so you can easily apply them yourself. Regardless of how effective the recipes are, it is best to consult your doctor before using them.